Tuesday 15 May 2018

Canvas with dryad

Hiya Crafties!

Today something different... I am preparing myself to rather huge 'task' - final piece for my artsy course.

I decided that charcoal piece will be not enough, I was thinking hard and conclusion was: 'I need acrylic painting even if I don't feel confident with paints'.

Hmmm, but what I paint?

I was: abstract!!! Something in Kandinsky 's style!

My man said: 'Forget about it! I want something nice to put on our wall'.

He wanted full moon and sea, but I didn't want paint another piece looks exactly like stuff in net...

I have idea what I will do, but first I decided to try if techniques I want to use will work together.

For my practising I choose beautiful Cherry Blossom Dryad created by Amanda Byron from Faery Ink.


I painted image with watercolours. 


Prepared canvas with mix of brown, green, blue and white acrylics.


Glued image and pieces of textured papers on the canvas.


Add more acrylics for extra texture.


Then splashed some glitter glue here and there.

Maybe this piece is not perfect, but..

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT 

so I will play more with mixed media soon 😊.

That's all for today!

Till next post Friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment