Wednesday 17 May 2017

Beauties of the Sea

Hiya Crafties!!!

Oh yes my friends! Mermaids again!

Why? May Challenge at Ching Chou Kuik's Facebook group :).

Believe it or not, for this challenge we have plenty of beautiful images to choose from! Just check mermaid section in Ching's etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/gjzcck?section_id=15928892.


I wanted my mermaid to have this kind of vintage look, more sea like coloured... hope I successed :)



I used 3 patterned papers in bluish/creamy/beige/brown colour combo. All three pieces I distressed with scissors and inked edges with brown ink.
I coloured my mermaid with pencils - used: gold, olive, ivory, spring bud, emerald green, golden yellow, light brown, yellow clay and yellow green. I also distressed image with scissors and inked it.

To be honest with you I'm not using laces in my cards often, but this time I decided that combo of white lace and two tone beige ribbon will work nicely on my new project - right side of card.

My sentiment (from Sweet Dixie) I placed of bottom left corner, then add 3 green gems on left top corner.

And what do you think about my Beauty of the Sea?

Till next post friends!!!

1 comment: